If you are interested to become a sophisticated iPhone and iTunes user then it is required that you should have an Apple ID. It is required to purchase cool apps from the app store, to get new music and films in the iTunes store and to back up your data to iCloud. For making FaceTime calls and texting in iMessages an iPhone Apple ID is required. So here you can learn that how you can create, change or reset your Apple ID password.
How to create Apple ID:
This guide will help you to create Apple ID and become mature iPhone user.
Create Apple ID on iPhone:
- Unlock your iPhone. On the home screen go to Settings. If you have just turned on your new iPhone, then first you have to select language, city and choose other settings, then you’ll be requested to create an Apple ID.
- Go to iTunes & App store.
- Select Create New Apple ID.
- Choose your Country and then enter your email as name of your Apple ID.
- Create a password for this Apple ID and then verify it by typing it again. Your password must be 8 characters long with mix of uppercase and lowercase letters.
- Fill in your birth date and security question.
- You will also be required to add up your billing information (i.e. your debit card information) which is kept by your Apple ID and is used for all your purchases. However you can add it manually every time you make a purchase.
- Now you have to verify your account by receiving an email in your email account.
- That’s it, now you can enjoy download any app on app store.
Create Apple ID on PC:
- Go to AppleID.apple.com
- Click on Create new Apple ID.
- Fill the form with required information.
- Verify your Apple ID with email.
- That’ it, enjoy.
How to rest your Apple ID password:
However there is a possibility that you may forget your login information like your all important passwords. It happens to all of us from time to time so if you ever forget your login information or password of your Apple ID, don’t panic. Thankfully you can reset your passwords by following simple and easy steps. Apple cannot simply tell you your current password through email or any other means. So to deal with a forgotten Apple ID password you have to reset it completely. Here I will explain how to reset it.
Reset your Apple ID password using Apple ID Account page:
- Go to AppleID.apple.com and click Forgot Apple ID or Password.
- A new page will appear on the screen, where you will be asked to enter your Apple ID or the email address associated with your account. After that click Continue, and then choose I need to reset my password.
- Now it’s your choice that how do you want to reset your password, whether by answering set of security question or by through your email. It is your personal preference to choose any option.
- If you will choose the email method, Apple will send you an email on your email address which you had used to create this Apple ID and a message will appear on screen stating ‘Email has been sent’ with a large green check mark. If you are unable to find the email be sure to check your junk, spam and trash folders. After receiving the email follow the steps in the email to reset your password. If you have chosen the security question option then you have to answer a set of security question and confirming your birth date to reset your password.
If you are using two-factor authentication:
If you had enabled two-factor authentication, it is a lot easier to reset your password. It is because you can reset your password directly through your trusted iPhone, iPod, iPad or from Apple ID Account Page.
Resetting from your iOS device:
- Go to Settings. Then click on iCloud and tap your name on top of page.
- Select Password & Security and tap Change Password.
- Enter your new password.
Resetting from Apple ID Account Page:
- Go to iforgot.apple.com and enter your trusted phone number which you used when you set up two-factor authentication.
- Select Continue to send a notification to your trusted iPhone, iPod or iPad.
- Tap allow after receiving the notification on your device.
- Now follow the given steps, and reset your password.
Reset your Apple ID Password Using Account Recovery
You can also reset your Apple ID password by using Account Recovery option if you don’t have your trusted iOS device nearby. It is best used when your device has been stolen or lost and you want to access your account and at the same time denying access to unauthorized person. This process can take few days depending upon the information you have given to prove your identity. Follow the below steps to reset your Apple ID password using Account Recovery.
- Go to iforgot.apple.com and click on Request Account Recovery.
- Enter a number on which you can be contacted and then enter the sent verification code to verify your given information. You will receive a confirmation after verification that your request has been received and you will be contacted when your account will be ready.
- After some time you will be contacted via phone call or text message when your account is ready.
- Now again go to iforgot.apple.com, enter your ID and confirm your number.
- You will receive an Account Recovery code via phone call or a text, which you have to enter in the field on iForgot.
- Click Continue, a new page will appear. Here you can make a new password, enter your phone number and sign in.
If you are using two-factor authentication:
If you were using two-factor authentication when you forgot your Apple ID password, you will need to have your trusted iOS device and your Recovery Key to reset your password. Follow these steps.
- Visit iforgot.apple.com and put your Recovery Key.
- Choose your trusted device to reset your Recovery Key.
- Enter the verification code provided to you.
- Create your new password, then select reset password.
- After resetting your password you need to be sign in again on your all Apple devices or services like iTunes, iCloud, and App Store.
That’s it. I hope now it will be very easy for you to reset your Apple ID password. If you find it helpful share it with your friends and family and keep visiting AppieMania for more helpful posts. You can also suggest me topics you want me to write on through comment sections.